Thursday, April 12, 2012

UH Damage vs Frost Damage

[:1]I was playing UH and I feel really really weak compared to frost, I know frost is supposed to be way higher, but I feel much more weak. Is it just me?
theres really no comparison between the two. unholy only got a minor buff in the right direction with this patch where frosts damage became much smoother since it no longer has to use the limp noodle strike known as blood strike in its rotation.
To me it seems that frost is better for burst but unholy is better in the long run for their slightly higher aoe damage. I still say frost for PvP though
Ive been playing around with both and finding frost to be quite a bit ahead, especially 2h frost. I had an easier "rotation" towards maximizing my dps, and even when I was incredibly sloppy with frost (KM PROC ON FS IS GO!) I STILL pulled ahead of unholy, while when I was unholy I was doing my damnedest to max my dps. It doesnt help the fact that frost brings much more to the raid than unholy overall.

2 things that unholy needs badly are crit modifiers and its own version of merciless combat. I am a big fan of the 3/6/9 crit on rage of rivendare, and perhaps something added so scourgestrike hits like optimus prime on targets below 35%. (How about shadow damage increased by an additional 25%?)

Nerfing frost is by far not the answer. Frost is in a perfect spot. I know it pains blizzard to do this, but unholy need to be brought up to frost, and not frost brought down back to unholy.

No comments:

Post a Comment