Thursday, April 12, 2012

[Frost] Killing machine procs

[:1]Hello there fellow death knights!

I am just wondering is there a way to stop wasting KM (Killing machine) procs on frost strike. It seems that I seem to waste more KM procs then I would like, It seems that every time I go to use frost strike I get a KM proc, Oops there goes alot of damage?

So what I would like to know is; How do you stop this from happening? Do you just wait a second before hitting frost strike in the case it procs? Some type of macro/addon that would change the skill on your action bar if KM was procced ( I dont think that is in the ToS I wouldnt have a clue! )

Thanks for your time! :)

Juzziee
wait for up to 3 secs on runes, and don't mash fs when rp dumping. Bump rime procs over oblit if km isn't up to fish for a km in the gcd. Other than those no.

If you're using uh pres like the cool kiddies these days you'll have free gcd's to make up any wasted downtime.
I like using KM on FS and then I instantly get another KM proc.
Use an addon like Quartz to keep track of your auto attacks as well.
When KM procs dont hit FS hurp a durp. Kek i win.
Don't press buttons mindlessly, problem solved. Also KM for FS is not a waste, depends on the armor of your current target.
in pvp a KM proc is basically equal regardless of whether you FS or Oblit if they have decent armor. in PvE it is hardly a problem. use both strikes alternatingly, try not to spam one or the other and it seems to help a lot. even if i use it on FS my dps barely drops.
See the glowy ring around Frost Strike?

Don't click it.

Problem solved.
A lot of times it just comes down to luck. KM has a chance to proc whenever you land an autoattack, so I guess if you have a swing timer mod you'll be able to predict when a "possible" proc will be and hold FS for a fraction of a second.
Get a swing timer (as KM only procs off of auto attacks). If you are about to finish a swing, and two runes are maybe 2seconds from finishing, wait until the swing goes off. If KM>Oblit, if no KM> FS. Its kind of tricky to keep track of, but when you do this for long enough its second nature.

This usually turns into Frost striking between auto swings when you're runes are down.

No comments:

Post a Comment