Thursday, April 12, 2012

Question concerning 2h frost priority system.

[:1]Hey there folks, I am at a loss - I have been reading the Elitist jerks thread for some time now, but i am somewhat confused as to just how i the priority system is done correctly.

Here is a quote from the thread.

"Keeping runes on cooldown is next on priority. This means getting one of each rune on cooldown before starting on the other set of runes. This is largely due to how our rune system works as of 4.0. Each pair of runes shares a internal cooldown where neither can be refilling at the same time so having one of each rune available is the same as having used all your runes in terms of when all your runes will next be available again and gives some flexibility for our procs to fit in our priority.

This means using Obliterate when both Frost and Unholy sets are up or two Death runes. This is followed by Frost Strike to keep you from reaching your max RP and wasting extra Runic Power and using any Rime procs you may have. Then Obliterating again to put as many of your runes on cooldown."


I'm sure to most this is probably straightforward and explains itself - but sadly there is just something not clicking for me.

Am I supposed to just sit on 1 frost and 1 unholy rune constantly or am I supposed to burn the runes on oblits the second I get them? I've been told one way by some and the other way by others. *fizzle* I'd like to do my absolute best with my Frost Dk so I do appreciate the help in advanced.
Just make sure one of each rune is cooling down, otherwise you're clipping rune cooldowns and that's a pretty harsh dps loss.

Also ideally you'll want two of the same of one or more runes cooling down because runic empowerment only refreshes fully depleted runes, and if you have one rune up and one cooling, then runic empowerment will not do anything.
Thanks a bunch! ^

No comments:

Post a Comment