Thursday, April 12, 2012

Improved Death Strike talent broken?

[:1]I find myself slightly confused here. When trying to find the optimal ratio of mastery to stamina as far as greatest Benefit from Death Strike, I noticed on a target dummy that the DS heals I was receiving were 7.00004380503007% of my base health. Since I was not taking damage I dismissed this as perfect until I happened down my talent tree later. Improved DS now grants an additional 45% heal. Now taking the round number of 7% of my base health and adding 45% of that I come out with a heal that should be 10.15% of my base health when not taking damage within the last few seconds. As a test, I hopped into my DPS Frost spec, and hit the target dummy a few times. Each DS yielded a heal that was 6.99981481971376% of my base health, easily considered 7%. Now while the added threat is fantastic considering DS is the crutch of a Blood DK's rotation I maintain the talent for the heal. Now I seek advice or opinions, perhaps I am reading something wrong. Can anybody shed some light on this.

Thanks
Hedon
improved death strike does not increase the minimum 7% heal. unless you take enough damage to heal for more than the minimum the talent will not take affect. also death strike healing does not cause threat anymore
I am curious as to where you are getting the information that Imp DS does not increase the base heal. The talent says nothing in regards to being picky as to which heals should get the bonus from it, so if you could substantiate this or refer me to something that could I would be grateful. Also, I very much know that patch 4.1 removed healing threat from the game, I was speaking in regard to the damage increase and critical strike increase the talent gives.
All has been clarified, thanks.
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2416208246?page=1#3

Section #4 will clarify anything else you may be missing on part of the calculation. IDS does indeed work as it says, but its wording would make you (incorrectly) believe that it also increases the minimum heal size as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment