Thursday, April 12, 2012

Some advice on Frost PVP

[:1]Hey there. I'm looking for a little bit of help with Frost PVP as I've just started gearing for PVP and messing around in BG's and Tol Barad.

I haven't really done any PVP on this toon before (or raids, for that matter). Are my spec / glyphs / and gemming choices right? I've only got 3 pieces of PVP gear right now and I just want to make sure I'm starting on the right path.

EDIT: Also, is 2h better than DW right now, and, what presence do I use for DW or 2H?

Thanks (:
First off, GOOD ON YA for getting spell penetration gems! Can't emphasize enough how important 195 (or close to...) spell pen is in PvP...

Secondly, it's gonna be expensive, but gem & chant your current gear, especially your helmet (that's a smexy 30 strength slot bonus...).

3rd: reforging will be a pain in the arse with PvE gear (esp. if you'll be actually Pve'ing in it), but if you can afford to re-reforge, reforge for 5% hit & 26 expertise. These are non-negotiable suggestions.

4th: BG, BG, BG, BG & more BG. The only way to get a respectable amount of resilience without going directly into arenas (bad move, btw) is to grind BG's for honor & get the Bloodthirsty set (rings, trinkets, etc. too). It's been made a whole lot easier with the honor gain increase in 4.1, plus the fact that you can now trade justice points for honor.

PS-always unholy spec for the movement speed increase & rune regeneration boost.
Thanks heaps, I'm just farming BG's at the moment until I get the full set.
Good to know I'm on the right track. (:

Thanks!
you can also queue up with a healer for 2's arena at entry level its easy to faceroll first thing i got was the 2h Vicious axe took me 2 weeks but made pvp.ng a whole lot easier.... at least at the early stages I am in

No comments:

Post a Comment