Thursday, April 12, 2012

Which spec for Leveling?

[:1]Which is better for leveling. Frost or Unholy? If it's frost, is there a guide out there I can look at?
Heres what i have been doing- Dual spec blood and frost. And use them situationally. It works wonderful for me, but thats just me. Use frost for dps in dungeons ect.. blood for soloing elites and group or harder quests in outlands and northrend, and then the cata zones.

I suggest give it a try, couldnt hurt.
I forgot to add too, Blood is amazing in the BGs, at least it was for me. So if you wanna level with the BG call to arms here and there too for some honor and extra xp, its good.
Blood/Frost, Frost when Solo-ing (High Damage and 3x Death Strike is great for heals), and Blood so you can tank dungeons for fast queues or solo quest bosses.
Any guides I can look at? I haven't played a DK since the beginning of Wrath and don't remember much of them :(
I did blood/frost for leveling on my lvl 84 dk and doing the same thing on this new one.

Blood, being a tank spec, can take a lot of punishment before going down. With great heals to go with that, its the ideal spec to quest as.

I tanked as blood and bged as frost. I like to be aggressive in pvp, thus me using frost. Specially in call of arms weekend.
I did some leveling as unholy simply because I can't find leveling guides as frost and blood, and so far it looks like it has no self healing abilities other than death pact. I know blood has some self healing abilities, does frost?
Frost has 3 decent ways to self heal.

The first is Death Strike.
Next is Death Pact.
Last is Lichborn + target self + Death Coil

The last two require a lot of runic power to operate, but that shouldn't be much of a problem if you think ahead a little.
I'm leveling as frost at the moment, and have very little trouble. The mobs die so quickly you barely take any damage, and after 5-6 mobs just use your RP to heal yourself (via lichborn + death coil).

I was leveling as blood up to 80, but after that I found the damage of frost was high enough that it was just a LOT quicker.

No comments:

Post a Comment