Saturday, April 21, 2012

DK addons and rotation

Hey all,
 
I've recently decided to try out a DK and was looking around for some addon help. I currently have a ret paladin and one of the things I'm worried about is rotation. I understand that DKs have a priority system based based on runes and runic power. Are there any addons that could assist with rotation just to get me off the ground? I remember using an addon called clcret and clcinfo to assist me with my rotation when I first started out as ret. For those of you who don't know what the addon was, clcret would show which attack/spell should be hit next based on their priority. The addon was very useful and helped me grasp the priority system. It's been a long time since I've used it but I found it helpful in the beginning and was wondering if there was a similar addon for this class (frost DW to be specific). I have already picked up Runewatch. Any suggestion of mods would be great. Thanks.
CLC DK should be good to get you going with the priority system. Tried it the other night and it does work on 4.1, and it mostly matched up with what you should be doing.

http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addons/details/clc-dk.aspx

I was looking for something to track diseases and remind me to do Horn of Winter. CLC DK was overkill for me, I started playing with Tell Me When instead. Seems to be much more to my liking for tracking diseases and horn of winter.
My favorite and at this point essential addon for DK to is DocDebugRunes. This addon will show you where you're current runes stand, which diseases you have up on your target and how much time is on them. Shows you stacks on your ghoul if Unholy and shows you your blood shield as well if in Blood spec.

Can't live without it honestly
When I checked the other night DocDebugRunes wasn't working on 4.1. Has it been updated now?
DDR still doesn't work for me. :(
Yury's Rune Display for Runes.

I've set up Power Auras to warn me when I don't have both diseases up for either spec, and for when Pillar of Frost is up in Frost spec.

Blood Shield Tracker for Blood.

The rest are just raid-frames, DBM, and the like, Omen, MSBT, etc.

I'm looking for something to display runic power nearer to the bottom center of my screen, but haven't quite found what I want.

Other then that, the rotation is pretty simple. The WoW UI now tells you when Rime and Killing Machine proc, or Sudden Death and Dark Transformation. Just look up the base priority systems and practice them.
If you're interested, we started a discussion about recommended addons for DKs over at SoaL:Effective Interfacing, Part II: GUI
http://sonofalich.com/?p=971

No comments:

Post a Comment