Thursday, April 19, 2012

Need a macro expert

With the new DK B-rez making some unhappy for rezzing (targets coming back with 20% only to die again because the healers weren't paying attention), I'm looking for anyone that knows how to work macros to help me out with something along the lines of:

*target dead player*
/y Rezzing *dead player's name*-heal em up
/cast Raise Ally

Maybe throw in an option for using a potion/bandage on them or something (if it's possible/logical--never tried using potions on someone else, but I know that bandages work).

Thanks in advance. <3
Are you targeting the dead person first and then using the macro?
/cast [target=mouseover] Raise Ally
/y Rezzing %t - heal em up
Most likely. I tend to stay away from using mouseover commands with important stuff, considering I'm usually on the move in the middle of a fight.
/cast [target=mouseover] Raise Ally
/y Rezzing %t - heal em up


Cool! So considering I posted that I don't use mouseover commands right as you posted that, would I just delete the "=mouseover" portion and leave it as /cast [Target] Raise Ally?
/y Rezzing %t - heal em up
/castsequence reset=10 Raise Dead, Dense Embersilk Bandage

You can't make it automatically bandage them for 2 reasons:

1. They have to accept the rez first.
2. Raise Dead uses the GCD.
Don't even need the Target modifier if there's no special parameters.
Ahhh that makes sense. Just wondered if there was anything I could possibly do in the way of "preventative" healing in case the heals aren't paying attention (sadly happens more than I care to admit...). Thanks all. <3
Woops, made a typo in my macro.

Fixed, now.
/use [@target,help,dead]Raise Ally;[@target,help,nodead]Name of bandage here

Cheers.
addon

RSA - Raeli's Spell Announcer
http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addons/details/rsa.aspx

you can configure it to send different chat messages to different channels when you perform an ability

you just set it to yell or raid and or whisper and bam.

No comments:

Post a Comment