Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Trying to find a trustworthy resource.

I wanted to check and see if I was doing anything wrong, so I went to the tank sticky in this section..and I saw Hand of Doom recommended for the 5 man spec, when in the past I was told this was a PvP talent that was largely useless for tanking.

Everywhere I go, I see different information and very few "conclusive" topics about DK tanking.


I'm not getting into raids anytime soon, but I don't want to optimize purely for 5 mans, as I'm considering raiding and would rather be "raid ready" gear-wise.


I thought I would just go to EJ, but their guide states that I should not reforge for mastery if I need to reforge for hit and expertise, which I find every other forum stating that threat should not be reforged for and everything should go to either mastery or avoidance(or both).


How do you guys approach this? Do you just take everything from the EJ thread? From this forum? From MMO-Champ guide? From Pwnwear.com?

All of these sites just give contradicting information, should I assume that the various specs are all okay and that there is no cookie cutter?

I mean look at my spec, it's meant for aoe tanking, but supposedly having 2/2 crimson scourge is actually bad due to blood barrier issues.

I reforged according to MMO-champ, which like nearly every other guide, states that going BOTH avoidance and mastery is not okay, but going for one is.

Yet the reforging recommendations are as such


Item has Avoidance and threat: Reforge threat to mastery
Item has 2 avoidance stats: Reforge higher-rating one to mastery
Item has Avoidance+Mastery: Reforge avoidance to the one with lower rating if possible.

The problem occurs when I went to mrrobot and I realized that I can gain way, way more mastery by reforging the avoidance into mastery on a avoidance+threat item.


Again, I do mosty 5 mans, but would like to stay raid-ready at least.

For this, I can spec and glyph according to 5 mans and switch when it's raid time because that's easy, but I would like to keep all gear optimized for raids(shouldn't really be different actually.)

What is the right route to go in regards to Hand of Doom, Crimson Scourge, and this whole Reforging thing?

Are threat stats so useless that I should reforge them to mastery even if I can get more mastery by reforging the avoidance? Doesn't that contradict the idea of not going for both mastery and avoidance?


No comments:

Post a Comment