Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Power Auras help

I'm thinking of using this addon to let me know when my diseases are about to fall off so I can reapply them. Has anyone else used Power Auras to do this and do you have a link to how you have done yours or maybe even have a screenshot of what it looks like when your diseases are near their end?
Thanks for the tip. I could also use some advice on playing 2h frost. I've been unholy for so long now and using this new spec seems so foreign to me now. I did BoT tonight and I felt so out of whack and I was drawing aggro a lot. And I'm not completely sure on what I should prioritize when it comes to procs and abilities. If anyone who is a expert frost player who can give me some help I would greatly appreicate it.
Macro pillar of frost with any trinkets/pots you have and your ghoul. Use pillar every minute. Keep diseases up. Obliterate unless it will put you over your runic power cap, then frost strike. If you proc Rime use howling blast (icy touch if you can't aoe) before obliterating again. Use blood tap pretty much on cooldown but preferably when it will allow you to obliterate after a killing machine proc.

They made the frost rotation really simple with the blood of the north change.

And you can use powerauras to give you a warning when diseases drop off. I'm not in game at the moment to tell you how to do it exactly. But basically set it to look for the debuff on the enemy target and invert it so it displays when it's not on the target. I wouldn't take UI advice from Ivy after seeing his screenshot, quite a clusterf*ck.
I've been using ClassTimer for years to monitor diseases/trinket procs, but it's extremely difficult to set up to just show icons and not bars which is the way I prefer it.

You could use Power Auras to display durations pretty easily, though I've never tried it.

No comments:

Post a Comment