Thursday, April 19, 2012

DW v 2H Frost PvP?

I have had these 1h wpns since January and have not really touched this guy for a few months. My question is whether DW is better for frost PvP or 2H?
I'm not worrying about PvE so dps isnt the issue, more so about burst and general upkeep(pressure) on an opponent.
I will have enough conquest to get the 2h next week if I should replace my DW, but if not I can spend the pts on gear. Thanks in advance for your input.
The straight-forward answer is that 2H performs better.

The differences are as follows:

2H: Harder NS hits, More RP generation = More Frost Strikes = More Runic Empowerment Procs = More Resources, Higher base weapon stats.

DW: Harder hits with damn near every other skill, More melee white hits = more Killing Machine Procs, Room for a 2nd Runeforge/Enchant.

2H has more resources, DW has more burst.

2H tends to perform better and is the de-facto choice for most Frost DKs.

Personally, I prefer DW, it has an irregular feel to it which I love and I perform fine.

If you want more pressure you'd be better off rolling Unholy as that is the pressure spec.

But if you insist on Frost, 2H will have more pressure due to increased resources, DW has harder hitting skills but it's uptime is a bit lackluster.
I promise you - it's far better to go dual wield Blood.
Cross my heart.
2h Frost is just...

Too well rounded, to be quite honest. 2h, for PvP, is a definite must (or at the very least a strong leaning).

Ask yourself this, first, however: do you wish you had more RP for frost strike, or do you wish you had more burst?

Therein awaits your answer.
I promise you - it's far better to go dual wield Blood.
Cross my heart.


Die in a fire.
The straight-forward answer is that 2H performs better.

The differences are as follows:

2H: Harder NS hits, More RP generation = More Frost Strikes = More Runic Empowerment Procs = More Resources, Higher base weapon stats.

DW: Harder hits with damn near every other skill, More melee white hits = more Killing Machine Procs, Room for a 2nd Runeforge/Enchant.

.


Totally agree with this, damage wise DW would outperform 2H due to more KM procs and having Razorice as main hand runeforge will add 10% frost damage to your attacks when stacked on the enemy 5 times. Howling blast also takes advantage of this "razorice debuff" and thus does more damage and will be particularly useful if you are being kited.

2H however has more consistency with runic power and thus has more froststrikes but lesser RNG and minus the 10% razorice debuff. 2H is less conquest heavy that DW too. Personally I like dual wield better due to the burst aspec.
ahh yeah i think both are very nice .. have my 2h in the bank while uses these zgsweps and i see myself topping bgs like i did with 2 hander .so much pressure in duel wield cause white hits ..faster nec strikes and rune burst ..love to see them run
Blizz has built frost into more of a 2h necesity for pvp. It takes less points to get the good stuff, and we have enough left over to get reduced dg -and- go deep enough into blood to dig out some goodies as well. DW frost takes too many points, and overall damage is lost because dw is based on the target not moving so you can wail on it, where 2h you wail on hit when you catch up to it or pin it rather than over time.

No comments:

Post a Comment