Thursday, April 19, 2012

A question about DPS and My gear

So I have two sets of gear, one for PVP and one for PVE, as well as individual specs for each set of gear ( I do not yet own a PVP weapon however, only 346 heroic weapon)

Today I got curious and switched to my PVE spec, and supplimented my PVP gear with PVE gear to fill in the caps (hit, exp) and went to do my rotation on a target dummy. I came out with 12k dps

then I put on every piece of PVE(Almost all 346, couple 359) gear I own and did the same thing, and I came out with 12k dps.

Whats going on here?
Is my PVE set just terribly itemized?
Or Does the strength bonuses from the high ilvl of the pvp gear making up for some of the secondary stat loss?
DPS on a target dummy doesn't mean anything. The lack of raid buffs and debuffs, as well as the fact that patience limits your ability to whack the dummy for a statistically significant amount of time means any claims based on target dummy testing are worthless.
Thats why I didn't want to go ahead and do this in a PVE environment, it just striked me as a little odd

No comments:

Post a Comment