Thursday, April 19, 2012

Runeforging Question

I normally play DW frost, and have for some time. I got a greed roll on a decent 2h weapon from heroics, and was going to try out 2H for a while. So, with a 2H weapon, do you runeforge Razorice or Fallen Crusader?

Also, any advice on gear, enchants, etc. would be welcome. I am beginning to run heroics with people in my guild so I can learn the fights before I use the random dungeon finder. I don't want to be the guy who wipes a group because there was something I didn't know or ask about, as I realize that people are invested in runs as much as I am, and everyone's time is valuable. If you would, please let me know where I need to make adjustments. Thanks in advance!
EJ states to forge it to Fallen Crusader, as strength has more of a stat weight than frost vulnerability. That said, I say it's a matter of preference, and in some situations, Razorice can be good, and I think if you have a frost mage, they benefit from the debuff. Don't quote me on that though.

But for the most part, FC runeforge is currently the way to go.
For 2H frost you want to go Fallen Crusader.

Your spec will obviously need to change if you go 2h. You need Might of the Frozen Wastes instead of Threat of Thassarian. Also, what presence do you DPS in? It should be Unholy, and I find it odd you didn't pick Improved Frost Presence as it benefits Unholy Presence as well. I would get rid of Icy Reach and put those points in Imp Frost Presence. I also took one point from RPM and put two points into Endless Winter for the free Mind Freeze. Kind of personal preference, but an extra 10 RP doesn't matter much in the grand scheme of things as you'll rarely be RP capped if you're doing it right.

For gems go all strength, you don't need any of the socket bonuses you have on any gear and the pure strength gem outweighs those bonuses by a wide margin. Otherwise it looks good. Make sure you're hit capped/expertise capped and you'll be just fine.
Thanks for the info. I respeced my off to be 2H, so I an switch back and forth until I get decide if I like one more than the other. I have other characters I tank with, so tanking as a DK doesn't really interest me at this point in time. The reason I left 2 points in IR for my DW spec, is that there are fights where I have found that that extra 10 yards allows me to AoE from a distance without being in the fire so to speak. Person preference on my part. I figure if I can still deal damage without taking any or as much, then my healers stay happy.

Since 4.1, I reforged for haste when I can, mastery when I can't. I run in UH presence for both 2h and DW. The gems, I know, but there are not alot of the +40 str gems for sale on my server lately. They go quick, for upwards of 300g per. I will replace them when more become available.

I appreciate the advice.

No comments:

Post a Comment