Wednesday, April 18, 2012

PvP Obliterate vs HB

Ive been reading several frost pvp threads and this always comes up usually in Haste vs Mastery threads. I am just now starting to gear up my frost DK for PvP. My question is what are you rotations and priorities for PvP. If you reforge to stack haste is it better to do 2 HBs rather than OB's on all classes? Currently I use OB for every class except plates. Healers i usually spam Necrotic strike. Anyways just curious other priorities and strategies vs my own.
death strike :P

I only Obl when they are under 35% hp, or i have a KM proc...

also make sure you got the glyph that makes ds heal 15% in frost/uh pres.


for most healers I just keep spamming my normal attacks, unless it starts kiting me.
then I switch up a bit if im >90% hp. Chains+ns

Edit: I also use the glyph that increases DS's damage by how much rp you got.
Personally I obliterate and frost strike, save howling blast for when I'm being kited. But I run with a healer pretty much at all times so deathstrike is a waste of runes. As far as stat priorities I take haste over mastery but try to keep them fairly even. You aren't always attacking plate, and you arent always attacking cloth, don't limit yourself to one or the other. If you had to pick one though, doesn't obliterate seem to fall right in line with the fact that we are caster killers?! Hence AMS, Deathgrip, Dark Sim, Lichborne, maximize your potential. You will still be able to drop melee with deathstrike and numerous other self healing abilities.
death strike :P

I only Obl when they are under 35% hp, or i have a KM proc...

also make sure you got the glyph that makes ds heal 15% in frost/uh pres.


for most healers I just keep spamming my normal attacks, unless it starts kiting me.
then I switch up a bit if im >90% hp. Chains+ns

Edit: I also use the glyph that increases DS's damage by how much rp you got.


At 900 rating healer kites DKs, listen to this guy, u will be real good at 500 rating.
DS when u being focus
NS + HB normal mode
OB in killing mode, especially when poping trinket, or target under 35%, killing mechine pops etc.
Use HB / NS on all targets except Mages. Rogues, Shadow Priests, Ferals, and Boomkins are all questionable in that regard, and I usually just stick to NS / HB'ing on them unless a KM proc comes up and I have Outbreak ready. Obliterate damage outside of an Outbreak'd target is pretty wimpy, even with KM.

No comments:

Post a Comment