Thursday, April 19, 2012

Maybe it's my rotation

I feel like I'm sucking so much as a DK. I hate when I get out DPS'd by a warrior with !#*@tier gear than me. My iLvl is 356 and I'm almost full T11 working on my BIS DW Frost gear. Feel free it inspect my gear and reforging. Shouldn't I be pulling more than 11-14k DPS single target?
You're doing something wrong. Unholy with 100% pvp gear and pve hit cap is pulling roughly 19k.

(On the other side my warrior with identical pvp gear is doing 21k :)

Depend's on fight most of the time.
I'd recommend 2h frost. It's way easier. I played DW Frost for a bit and couldn't stand how sluggish and out of control my abilities were. 2h you have a lot more control. I call it faceroll but other people get mad. Works good for me /shrug

And I recommend not getting Glyph of Pillar of Frost
@Finalrequiem I'm playing frost
@Britneyfears Doesn't my proc rate go down if I'm 2h'ing?
@Draugr I just need 4 more pieces
I'm pulling 15k single target and I'm 10 ilvls under you...not sure what I can say outside of asking about your rotation;
I love dw frost, yea I pull like 19k-22k on single target not much moving. Moving I'm down to 16-18k. Heart of solace won't drop for me tho.
I used askmrrobot.com to reforge my gear unless you guys got a better site?

1-=
Frost Strike, Icy Touch, Plague Strike, Pestilence, Obliterate, Blood Strike, Howling Blast, Horn of Winter, Icebound Fortitude Impatience of youth trinket, anti magic shell and raise ally
Have they updated to show DW haste>other seceondary stats (except hit/exp to cap)?

And I don't understand your second statment. Blood strike should never ever never ever ever ever EVER be used now.


DOn't need to Icy touch also. Outbreak, and HB procs will take care of Frost Fever, and you just have to PS twice or once (depends if you go an IBT spec or Epidemic spec).
Deleted by Zerôshik
Have they updated to show DW haste>other seceondary stats (except hit/exp to cap)?

And I don't understand your second statment. Blood strike should never ever never ever ever ever EVER be used now.



I've only been playing since august and sadly I still don't fully understand my DK. I'm not sure about stat priorities I've tried EJ but the stuff on there just confuses me.

Whats your rotation? Along with any addons you use? How do you go about reforging your gear?
Whats your rotation? Along with any addons you use? How do you go about reforging your gear?


Addons I just use Shadowed Unit frames, Dominos for bars, I mean nothing really specific to DK's (i use about 75 addons but besides Blood Shield Tracker non are DK specific, and I use alot of built in Blizz things for procs/SCT).

Reforging i go hit to cap, exp to cap, reforge crit first to haste, then mastery to haste. Put all STR gems in you slots (unless it's a 1 gem or 2 gem with 1 red and the bonus is 20 str, then do like 20 str/20hit or w/e). If your DW, razorice on MH, fallen crusader OH, 2h Fallen crusader.

Priority (single target):
Diseases
Oblit (Esp use this on KM procs)
Frost Strike (esp if RP capped or very near cap)
Rime Procs
Horn of Winter if all Runes are down and no RP for FS

Also, if you are eng or have an on use STR trinket:
/use 10 (this is glvoes I believe for eng)
/cast Pillar of Frost

then burst.

Also, I use the gun/big daddy's with Eng, that I put into rotation with no RP/Runes up.

You bring 10% attackspeed to a group. Nothing a warrior can give you as a buff will even come close to the damage increase you'll give him just for being near what he's whacking on. Some classes do the buffing, some classes take the buffing. You're comparing apples and oranges.


I've only been playing since august and sadly I still don't fully understand my DK. I'm not sure about stat priorities I've tried EJ but the stuff on there just confuses me.


I jsut headed to askmrrobot, and looked at stat weights for Frost DW DK's, looks like they have made haste highest secondary stat except hit, they do have it over expertise, but not sure I agree with that personally, but Math prolly proves me wrong i'm sure. I might try then what they recommend when I can log into wow and log out in my dps gear.

Also your like me have the BH trinket. Been running Lost City to try and get Heart of Solace, which with the haste and STR proc > BH trinket.

Your hit is way low, you need to be near 8%, little over or under is fine. Expertise cap is 26,

Also you running in unholy pres, if so Imp Frost Pres is useless. Also, if you have a hard time PS'ing right when BP is dropping off, you might want to try epidemic. Becuase, BP is up 21 seconds, Outbreak is 1 min CD, so you Outbreak, PS at 20, PS at 40, Outbreak, it's a tight timer, whereas Imp Empidemic gives you a bit of breather to only PS once, then outbreak, plus you have like 3 second coushin.
Is ther a site specifically for dk's other than this? Where can I find th caps at and is there a better way to reforge?
You have a tanking cloak, drop that. And I guess armory doesn't show the 3% you get from Talents for DW. So your at 7.25% you want to be closer then that, you want to try to be like 7.85-8.15 but closer to 8 is better. You can try askmrrobot and see what it says.
It's going to be a while until I get the vp to get a new cloak
But thanks alot for the info I'll reread it later on any other tips please let me know and if it's possible a screenshot of your UI
There is a cloak dps in za. And yea i can post a UI, most people say I have too much going on. I also use an 8 button mouse. TBH I recommend this for any dps class. I can bind my bombs, gun, gloves/pillar, PS allto my mouse. So my finger only worry about strafing, Oblit/Frost Strike, Outbreak mainly.
You said you can bind guns and bombs? As a DK? And I don't have a gaming mouse I want to get a Naga eventually but I'll stick to my laptop keys. Also I'm not too experienced with keybindings.

No comments:

Post a Comment